Every month we honor the Active Heroes who are stepping up big in their community to help support our cause of helping Military families, Veterans and active duty. Past fundraisers of the month have walked across America, hiked to mountain peaks or ran in races supporting Active Heroes. This month’s fundraiser of the month goes to Gavin Guidry.
He has been fighting hard to help with Active Heroes and fundraise to help Military families at the same time. Through the last month he has steadily been raising funds by getting his friends and family to sponsor his online page and raised a total of $1050 of his $1500 goal. His team legend Glory, will be logging as many miles as possible in honor of our fallen service men and women. They will start on May 19th and will be completing these miles by walking, hiking, running, biking, swimming, and or kayaking around different parts of the US. While doing this, they will also continue to raise funds for Active Heroes, that benefits veterans, active duty military, and their families.
We interviewed Gavin about how he succeeded in raising funds and here’s what he had to say.
3. Did you find the fundraising pages easy to use? Absolutely.
4. What tricks did you learn to raise funds? I didn’t really use any tricks. I took some advice and donated myself. After that I just put the information out there and a cause like this pretty much sells itself.
5. Will you continue to raise funds and if so what will you do next? I will continue, not sure what will be next though. I will see how Memory Miles goes then talk to the team to see what comes next.
6. What could help you succeed in raising even more funds? I think we need an Active Heroes flag. That way when everyone is out and about they can fly it proudly and get some heads to turn and start asking questions about what it is that we do.
7. If you could inspire others to join and fundraise to help military families what would you tell them? To take the time to at least read about what it is that Active Heroes actually does. Again I think it is a cause that sells itself.
You can donate to Gavin for his Memory Miles event and into the future at: gavinguidry.stayclassy.