Active Heroes, Inc.
1022 Ridgeview Drive
Shepherdsville, KY 40165
Class: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Job Type: Part-Time (Entry Level)
Hours: Sat & Sun 9am – 7pm
Pay Scale: $10 – 14/hour DOE
Start Date: Immediately
Do you have a heart for service? If so, this opportunity may be for you. Active Heroes is a nonprofit charitable organization dedicated to serving veterans and military families! We actively create opportunities for the military community to connect with others who have had related experiences through both recreational activities and therapeutic programs. For those that have chosen a military life there are unique challenges, those challenges sometimes lead to crisis, leaving some feeling isolated and alone. Making connections helps to reduce stress, provide camaraderie, and give those who have served and their families the tool kit needed to build a better future.
Active Heroes is looking to hire a part-time weekend Front Desk Administrative Assistant at our Retreat. This position will share in a variety of duties including, but not limited to providing reception and hospitality services, general administrative support, customer service, and assisting with fundraising and community events. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Ideal Candidate Key Characteristics:
- Heart for Service – Having a heart for service is critical because we serve those who have served and their families.
- Community Minded – We work hard to build and strengthen relationships with veterans, their families, and our local business community.
- Resourceful Stewardship – As a nonprofit, our resources are not endless and sometimes hard to comeby. We endeavor to use our funds in the best way possible to serve as many in need as we can.
- Provide a positive customer service experience to guests both at the Retreat and within our community.
- Reception services to include answer phones, greeting and assisting Retreat guests at the WelcomeCenter.
- Communicate via email and respond to questions and general requests.
- Assist with meetings, include scheduling and organizing resources.
- Maintain Retreat cleanliness, including reception area, conference room, restrooms, and kitchen areas.
- Maintain bridal suite.
- Create and publish monthly newsletter.
- Manage and maintain electronic waiver system.
- Package and ship online sales products and assist with inventory management.
- Prepare promotional bags and materials for fundraising and community events.
- Assist with office inventory supply management and monthly physical inventory counts.
- Assist Director of Volunteer Services with volunteer coordination and communication.
- Assist Executive Director with administrative duties as needed.
- Love to provide guests with a positive and memorable experience.
- Demonstrate excellent and appropriate communication skills.
- Good computer skills and comfortable learning new technology.
- Basic math and computational skills.
- May routinely lift heavy objects up to 40+ pounds.
- Be able to work independently.
- Enjoy hands on work.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 1+ year of administrative/office experience
- Minimum 1+ year customer service experience.
- High school diploma or GED
- Nonprofit experience preferred.
- Weekly pay
- Paid training
- Discount on all AH merchandise
Upon acceptance of an offer, you will be required to pass a background check.
To apply: Submit resume and letter of interest to [email protected]. Please no phone calls.