MAKE A GIFT THAT WILL SUPPORT MILITARY FAMILIES FOR GENERATIONS
Please consider leaving a legacy for tomorrow by making a donation to the Active Heroes Fund. You can make a difference in the lives of our service members and their families, forever. When you include the Active Heroes Fund in your will or other estate plans, you help strengthen our long-term ability to assist military families. Although wars come and go, the needs of Veterans, and their families, will continue for generations. We intend to be there for them for the duration and together with your support through the Active Heroes Fund, we will. Please consider supporting today, so that we can help them tomorrow!
After you have included the Active Heroes Fund in your estate plans, please let us know by submitting our Planned Giving Advisement Form or by sending us a copy of your will. If you or your estate planner has any questions, please contact Active Heroes at 502-277-9280 or email@example.com
Ideas for Giving Through a Will or Trust:
Planned giving through wills and trusts can be as creative and versatile as the assets you intend to bequeath. If you would like to donate tangible assets such as real estate, works of art, vehicles and other similar items, please contact info@ActiveHeroes.org
In appreciation for your long-term support, Planned giving to the Active Heroes Fund include:
- Acknowledgment of your gift in our annual report with supporter permission
- A certificate of acknowledgement
Some planned giving legacies to the Active Heroes Fund typically include,
but are not limited to:
- An outright gift of cash. Leave a specific dollar amount or designate a percentage of your estate to be given through your will or living trust.
- Give only the remainder, or residue, of your estate, or that which remains after bequests to loved ones have been made.
- Life Insurance Policies
- Stock, Bonds, Annuities and other Securities
- Personal property
- Real estate (Real estate is accepted on a case-by-case basis with minimum valuation considerations. Real estate donations must include a written appraisal and a title free and clear of liens, restrictions, variances and other environmental liabilities and/or encumbrances that will negatively affect the value of the real estate, and/or expose the Active Heroes Fund to unwanted liabilities.)
You may designate your bequest in two ways:
- For the general purposes of the Active Heroes Fund (an unrestricted bequest).
- To be used to support a particular program or type of assistance (a restricted bequest). Programs include: The Military Family Retreat Center, Free events for Military Families, The Military Family Community Center or Peer Mentor training.
The following is an example of suggested language that you might consider presenting to your estate planner for inclusion in your will/trust:
“I give and bequeath to the Active Heroes Fund, 5809 Bardstown Road, Louisville, KY 40291, a not-for-profit corporation (Tax ID# 45-4138378), the sum of $______, or _______% of my estate, to be used for the accomplishment of its general purpose (or for a specific purpose as indicated)”.