Active Heroes, Inc.
1022 Ridgeview Drive
Shepherdsville, KY 40165
Class: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Job Type: Part-Time (Entry Level)
Pay Scale: $14-17/hour DOE
Start Date: Immediately
Do you have a heart for service? If so, this opportunity may be for you. Active Heroes is a nonprofit charitable organization dedicated to serving veterans and military families! We actively create opportunities for the military community to connect with others who have had related experiences through both recreational activities and therapeutic programs. For those that have chosen a military life, there are unique challenges, those challenges sometimes lead to crisis, leaving some feeling isolated and alone. Making connections helps to reduce stress, provide camaraderie, and give those who have served and their families the tool kit needed to build a better future.
Active Heroes is looking to hire a part-time Assistant Groundskeeper at our Retreat. This position has been created to assist with keeping our grounds beautiful for our guests. It is a part-time job and primarily focused on landscaping including mowing and weeding. A work schedule will be discussed upon hire, but the expectation will include most weekends. This position reports directly to the Facility Manager and/or Lead Groundskeeper.
Ideal Candidate Key Characteristics:
- Heart for Service – Having a heart for service is critical because we serve those who have served and their families.
- Community Minded – We work hard to build and strengthen relationships with veterans, their families, and our local business community.
- Resourceful Stewardship – As a nonprofit, our resources are not endless and sometimes hard to comeby. We endeavor to use our funds in the best way possible to serve as many in need as we can.
- Mowing, trimming, and debris removal in all grass areas of the Retreat property.
- Trimming around benches, picnic tables, pergolas, decks, archery targets, and other areas as needed.
- Blow debris off patios and desks using a backpack blower.
- Assist with trash removal from the grounds, including cabins and buildings.
- Help keep tools clean, maintained, and organized in maintenance work areas and shed.
- Conduct preventative checks on mowers and equipment before use. Report all issues to the Facility Manager.
- Clean, refuel, and safely store ATV/UTV before and at the end of the shift. Ensure it is stocked with trash bags, gloves, and water.
Other duties include:
- Assist AH staff with setup and tear down of events at the Retreat.
- Clean and scrub the tops of benches, chairs, and picnic tables as needed.
- Check buildings and brush for wasps and other stinging insects. Treat with spray as needed.
- Report damage to buildings and equipment to Facility Manager.
- Assist with other projects or issues at the request of guests, volunteers, or AH staff as requested.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants must be authorized to work for any US employer.
- Demonstrate proper safety when using equipment and tools.
- Able to bend, stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, climb ladders and stairs, stand, walk, and turn/pivot frequently throughout the day.
- Ability to work 8 – 10-hour shifts, as necessary.
- May routinely lift heavy objects up to 50+ pounds.
- Ability to various weather conditions, including wet and/or humid conditions.
- Ability to work with vibration from tools and equipment.
- Be able to work independently.
- Enjoy hands-on work.
- Basic math and English skills
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 1+ years of grounds and/or landscaping experience.
- Minimum 1+ years working with construction tools and farm/maintenance vehicles.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Nonprofit experience preferred.
Weekly pay Paid training
401k Profit Sharing (when eligible) Discount on all AH merchandise
Upon acceptance of an offer, you will be required to pass a background check.
To apply: Submit your resume and letter of interest to [email protected] Please no phone calls.